Preparing for the trip
Introduction to Iowa State University. Click on the links below to find information on life at Iowa State University.
Introduction to life in Ames
- Ames profile
- Getting around Ames by CyRide
- What to bring and what to expect (clothes, equipment, documents, personal items)
Arriving in Ames
- Airport pick-up — We will be meeting you at the Des Moines International Airport. We will have a charter bus ready to take you to where you’ll be staying. After you arrive, you will be getting a bus pass which will allow you to ride the Ames transit system at no charge.
- Housing check-in and meals — The charter bus will take you directly to where you’ll be staying. Your room has been assigned and you’ll get the room key when you arrive. Breakfast is provided. You will have gift cards for lunch and dinner on the first two days.
- Arrival tasks (e.g., checking in with the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO), getting ISU card, etc. with the help of the Intensive English and Orientation Program) — During Orientation you will use the computers in the Language Lab to check-in with (ISSO). Afterwards we will all walk over to Beardshear Hall to get your ISU card. Please remember to bring your passport with you on that first day.
- Orientation Schedule — This will be posted later.